Chris Goode and Paul Van Slyke began Goode Van Slyke Architecture (GVSA) in 1996 with the simple intent of executing great architecture and visionary master planning through creative eyes. This simple intent remains the same more than twenty years later and has been delivered via projects of various types and sizes, that have built an excellent reputation for GVSA’s practice. Our work began with K-12 projects, progressed through university work, and then bridged to many public and private sector buildings and master planned typologies. These applications, regardless of size and complexities, have told a story of innovation, environmental responsibility, and social responsiveness that speaks to our original intent.
In our practice we strive to arrive at design solutions that are, “uniquely appropriate”, to the needs of the client and the environment being served. The catalyst for this process and ultimate solution is the “program”, serving as a place in time that addresses the specific needs of the end user, and placing it in the broader physical and experiential context. For this reason, no two projects may look like they came from the same source since the seeds of design are unique for each of them.
True to our core beliefs, GVSA purchased a languishing warehouse building on the edge of Atlanta’s burgeoning Old Fourth Ward District, and renovated the abandoned structure to become a major contributor of commerce in what was a struggling area of Atlanta. The, “Goode Van Slyke Building”, serves as our offices, and with its modern intervention within an historic shell, is example to our respect for history coinciding with our passion for innovative design.
- Building Design and Construction Documentation
- Construction Administration
- Master Planning and Urban Design
- Feasibility Studies, Zoning Studies, Highest & Best Use Studies
- Interior Design, Tenant Improvement
- Historic Preservation Documentation and Renovation
- CULTURAL, Museums, Performing Arts Centers
- EDUCATIONAL, K-12, Colleges & Universities
- HEALTH CARE, Clinics, MOBs, Activity Centers, Wellness Centers, Adult Day Care
- HOSPITALITY, Hotels, Event & Conference Centers
- LIVING, Multi-Family, Single-Family, Senior, Townhomes
- MIXED-USE, Hotel Office, Multi-Family Retail, Multi-Family Office, Studio Office
- MUNICIPAL, Justice Centers, Fire Stations
- PLANNING, City, Urban, Campus, Mixed-Use
- RELIGIOUS, Churches, Family Life Centers
- SPORTS, Stadiums, Fitness & Recreation, Aquatic, Family Life Centers
- WORKING, Offices, Justice Centers, Studios, Resource Centers